Don’t go for that store-bought rosemary focaccia, rather make your own with this quick and easy to prepare and much nicer than the bought variety!
Yield: serves 8
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Additional Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
Don't go for that store-bought rosemary focaccia, rather make your own with this quick and easy to prepare and much nicer than the bought variety!
- 95ml olive oil
- 375ml lukewarm water
- 10g packet instant dry yeast
- 140g (250ml) white bread flour
- 350g (600ml) white bread flour
- 10ml salt
- 10ml coarse salt
- 5ml dry or 25ml chopped fresh rosemary
- preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celcius.
- Coat a 39 x 26cm baking sheet with 25ml olive oil and set aside.
- Combine the water and yeast in a food mixer fitted with a dough hook, mix and set aside until frothy. Mix in the 140g bread flour to make a soft batter. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and leave the batter to rise in a warm place until it is nearly doubled in size.
- Add the 350g bread flour, 20ml olive oil, and salt. Mix the dough with the dough hook on medium speed for about 10 minutes or until smooth and pliable. Transfer the dough into a bowl lightly oiled with another 25ml olive oil. Cover with a plastic wrap and leave to rise in a warm place until nearly doubled in size
- Turn the dough onto the baking sheet and, using the palms, gently stretch the dough into a rectangle 2.5cm thick and nearly the same dimensions as the baking sheet. Use your fingertips to dimple the surface of the focaccia and drizzle with the remaining 25ml olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and rosemary.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until the focaccia has a golden-brown crust and sounds hollow when tapped underneath. Cool and cut into squares.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 224Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 1076mgCarbohydrates: 25gFiber: 1gSugar: 0gProtein: 5g
Did you make this recipe?
Please leave a comment on the blog or share a photo on Instagram
Spread the love