This homemade tomato and basil soup are great for those cold days and you in need of a “warm-me-up” with a great taste. A soup that is delicious, hearty, and healthy.
Packed full of nutritious ingredients such as plant-based protein, it has lots of fiber, amino acids, and collagen, which is helpful to your immune system.
Tomato and Basil Soup Recipe:
- 1 Kg tomatoes cut lengthwise
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1.5 tsp black pepper, ground
- 2 onions
- 1 can sliced tomatoes, with juice
- 4 cups fresh basil leaves
- 1 cup chicken stock
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celcius
- Combine tomatoes, olive oil, salt, and pepper
- Spread the tomatoes in a layer on a baking sheet and roast for 45 minutes.
- Over as medium heat in a large pot, saute the onions until golden brown.
- Add the canned tomatoes, basil, and chicken stock, then add the oven-roasted tomatoes.
- Bring to boil and simmer uncovered for 40 minutes.
- Blend in a food processor until smooth and lump-free.
- Return to pot and taste for seasoning.
- Stir until heated through and serve.
If there is less seasoning add some more to your taste.
Store in the fridge when room temperature.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 990Total Fat: 60gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 49gCholesterol: 7mgSodium: 2876mgCarbohydrates: 103gFiber: 18gSugar: 69gProtein: 21g
Did you make this recipe?
Please leave a comment on the blog or share a photo on Instagram